Gera O’Shio presenting at the Novum Investments Exhibition Basel 2020
Born: 1956, living in Germany, Sweden, Belgium, Switzerland
The objective of my art is, through combining the opportunities of digital technology with traditional painting and the art of poetry, to evoke emotions, to stimulate reflection and daydreams. I prefer painting flowers, following a quote of Buddha: “If you could see the miracle of a single flower clearly, our whole life would change”.
My art is in general simple, plain and focused on the essentials, often with Japanese or Asian touch. Each painting gets a small poem as title, which is built similarly to a Japanese haiku, intended to stimulate thinking and reflection.
- Arte Temporis Rheinfelden 2019
- Offene Ateliers Rheinfelden 2019
- Ausstellung Rheinfelden September 2019
- Kulturnachtausstellung Rheinfelden 2020
- SwissArtExpo Zurich August 2020
- Project Zurich 2020
- Luxembourg Art Price 2020
- Novum Investments Basel Nov 2020